Partner, AnJie Law Firm
University of Bonn, Germany, LL.M
China University of Political Science and Law, School of Law, LL.B
People’s Republic of China
Adjunct Professor, North China University of Technology School of Humanities and Law
Assistant Researcher, Wuhan University Research Centre for Intellectual Property & Competition Law
Chambers (Asia Pacific), Recommended Antitrust Lawyer in China (2017-2020)
The Legal 500 (Asia Pacific), Highly Recommended Antitrust Lawyer in China (2017-2019)
LEGALBAND 2020 Client Choice: Top 15 Female Lawyers in China
Power-nation Intellectual Property Forum 2019: National Top Ten Antitrust Lawyers
· The Dominance and Monopolies Review (China Chapter), Law Business Research Ltd., 2014-2020.
· Chambers Legal Practice Guides: Cartels (China Chapter)，Chambers & Partners Publishing, London, 2014, 2016, 2019.
· Chambers Legal Practice Guides: Merger Control (China Chapter)，Chambers & Partners Publishing, London, 2014, 2019.
· An Analysis of the Antitrust Rationality of Most-favored-nation Treatment Clauses in the Context of Digital Economy, Electronic Intellectual Property, December 2018.
· A Comparative Study on the Application of Anti-Monopoly law to Denial of Patent License, Competition Policy Research, 2016.
· The Connection Between Unfair Competition Law and Antitrust Law from the View of a Specific Case, China Industry & Commerce News, April 20, 2016.
· Boundaries Where Antitrust Laws are Applicable to SEP, China Business Law Journal, March 2016.
· OECD Competition Policy Roundtable Report Xuanyi (compilation of selected chapters), China Law Press, 2015
· High-profile Judgment Draws Focus Towards Private Antitrust Litigations, China Business Law Journal, June 2013
Ms. Song Ying specializes in anti-monopoly and anti-unfair competition law. She provides a wide range of services including concentration filings to SAMR/MOFCOM, defense against cartel and abuse of market dominance investigations, private antitrust litigation, antitrust compliance, and antitrust economic analysis.
Ms. Song Ying also advises on concentration filings for American, German, Australian, Canadian, Japanese, Korean, Indian and Chinese enterprises in a broad range of sectors, including petrochemical, machinery, spinning, IT, energy, aviation, chemical, high-tech, automobile, financing, telecommunications, and other industries. For example, for Mediatekin’s acquisition of equity stakes in Mstar Semiconductor, she advised on the notification for review in a concentration of undertakings case.
Ms. Song Ying is widely recognized for her representative work defending enterprises against antitrust investigations commenced by antitrust enforcement agencies. She advises well-known companies on how to respond to inquiries from antitrust authorities. She has also acted for clients in investigations involving LCD, milk powder, auto parts, auto mobile, chemical engineering, communication electronic and Internet etc.
Additionally, Ms. Song Ying represents well-known clients in private antitrust litigation, involving Internet, clothing accessories, chemical raw materials, petrochemical and electronics etc. For example, she represented Panasonic in a civil antitrust suit brought by its downstream distributor, and successfully won judgment in the client’s favour.
Ms. Song Ying furthermore provides antitrust compliance, consultation, and training for company sales models to Fortune 500 companies in the telecommunications, energy, electronics, FMCG, and retail sectors. Also, Ms. Song Ying provides economic antitrust analysis on unfair competition behaviors for domestic clients.
As an outstanding M&A practitioner, Ms. Song Ying advises on corporate M&A and servicing cover equity acquisitions, asset acquisitions, leveraged buy-outs, formal offers, and M&A in the way of auctions. She provides legal advice for enterprise preparation of transaction models, and for transaction financing and negotiation.
Also, Ms. Song Ying assists energy, chemical, and insurance companies in drafting documents for approval by relevant authorities.
Ms. Song Ying represents clients in antitrust lawsuits in China. Her practice expertise includes defending against monopoly agreement, abuse of dominant position, two-sided market, and standard essential patent lawsuits, among other complex antitrust disputes.
Additionally, she represents clients in major, transnational litigation and arbitrations on various matters, such as, contractual disputes regarding international trade, imports & exports trade, and other such disputes.
19/F, Tower D1, Liangmaqiao Diplomatic Office Building, No. 19 Dongfangdonglu, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100600
Tel:+86 10 8567 5988
Fax:+86 10 8567 5999
28/F, K.Wah Center,
No. 1010 Huaihai Road (M), Shanghai 200031
Tel:+86 21 2422 4888
Fax:+86 21 2422 4800
38/F, Tower 3, Kerry Plaza,
No. 1-1 Zhongxinsi Road, Futian District, Shenzhen 518041
Tel:+86 755 8285 0609
Fax:+86 755 8285 0605