Managing more than 100 international commercial arbitrations involving international trading, share transfer, joint venture, cross-border M&A, distribution and franchising, energy, construction and infrastructure, and financial disputes, etc. The applicable laws include the laws of China, England and Wales, Singapore, Hong Kong, Indonesia and India, etc. Participated in the drafting and revising of the 2016 Edition of the Arbitration Rules of Singapore International Arbitration Center.
Representing and participating in international commercial and investment arbitration cases applying arbitration rules of domestic and foreign arbitration institutions (such as CIETAC, ICC, SIAC, HKIAC and ICSID) and ad hoc arbitration rules (such as UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules), and cases involving designation of “appointing authority” by the Permanent Court of Arbitration according to UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules.
Recent representative matters include:
· Representing a Chinese party against the local developer in a dispute over a construction project involving "Belt And Road Initiative" before the International Court of ICC with the total dispute amount of over USD 55 million;
· Representing a Chinese party who is the general contractor in an “Belt and Road Initiative” construction project against a foreign employer in an arbitration before the International Court of ICC with the total dispute amount of over USD 54 million;
· Representing a Chinese party in an ICC arbitration against a foreign company regarding disputes arising from a sales agency agreement. The sum in dispute exceeds USD 44 million;
· Representing an offshore subsidiary of a giant Chinese SOE in an arbitration before HKIAC regarding the repurchase of certain shares under the shareholder agreement between the parties. The dispute amount exceeds USD 120 million;
· Representing a Chinese home appliance giant against an American patent-pool administrator in an HKIAC arbitration arising from a patent license agreement. The dispute amount exceeds USD 40 million;
· Representing a Chinese party against a South African company in an SIAC arbitration involving the international trading of iron ore.