AnJie Law Firm Of Counsel
Jones Day Senior Associate
LL.M. Indiana University Maurer School of Law
LL.M. University of International Business and Economics School of Law
Bar of New York State
Chinese Legal Professional Qualification
Mandarin Chinese / English
China 2018 Foreign Investment Negative List Highlights, Anjie Official Account, July 2018
Co-author, “The Process You Should Know in Relation to Cross-Border Acquisitions — the Negotiated M&A Buy Side Process”, Website of Ministry of Commerce (http://cafiec.mofcom.gov.cn/article/zjsj/201611/20161101791859.shtml), November 2016
Co-author, “‘Authenticity A Priority, Recent Changes to the Chinese Regulations on Outbound Investment”, Morningwhistle (http://www.morningwhistle.com/website/news/4/57233.html), December 2016
Co-author, “Regulatory Risks Allocation in Cross-Border Acquisitions — Discussion on ‘Hell or High Water’ Clause and Reverse Termination Fee Clause”,21Century Business Review, December 2016
Ms. Hu Bo has focused her practice on the areas of foreign direct investment, cross-border mergers and acquisitions, private equity/venture capital transactions, commercial contracts, and employment law in China for more than 12 years. She has represented many foreign and domestic clients, from multinational industrial companies to financial institutions and large state-owned enterprises, including many Fortune 500 companies, and provided advice on general corporate, employment law, equity investment, joint venture formation, and bidding for large overseas projects etc.
Ms. Hu has represented clients in a broad spectrum of industries, such as health care, pharmaceuticals, manufacturing, software, catering, information technology, and aviation components etc.
Prior to joining AnJie Law Firm, Ms. Hu worked at a prominent U.S. firm, Jones Day, for ten years.
Ms. Hu is fluent in English and is a native speaker of Mandarin Chinese.
• Represented Bridgestone Corporation, advising the sale by Bridgestone Corporation of its Chinese Huizhou subsidiary to Bekaert Hong Kong.
• Advised Cardinal Health, Inc. in its acquisition in China as part of its global acquisition of Johnson & Johnson's Cordis division.
• Represented a central state-owned enterprise in its attempted acquisition of a Germany aircraft and yacht interior decoration manufacturer.
• Represented a central state-owned enterprise in its acquisition of a British company in aerospace parts supply industry.
• Represented a central state-owned enterprise in its attempted equity acquisition of a Germany machinery enterprise.
• Represented a Henan provincial state-owned enterprise in its attempted equity acquisition of a U.S. coal-chemical enterprise.
• Represented IGP in its joint venture project with its local partner in Shandong province, China.
• Represented Vossloh AG in the establishment of high-speed railway equipment joint ventures with its Chinese partners in Jiangsu province, China.
• Represented CGG in its joint venture project with a famous Chinese athlete in Beijing, China.
• Represented JM Smucker in its joint venture project with its Chinese partner in Guangxi province, China.
• Advised Total in negotiating a technology license project in China.
• Represented Nielsen & Nielsen, advising the client on non-adversarial corporate matters.
• Represented Apollo Fire Detectors Limited, advising the client on non-adversarial corporate matters and reviewing various contracts, etc.
• Represented Scotts Miracle-Gro Company, advising the client on non-adversarial corporate matters and reviewing various contracts, etc.
• Represented Wi-Fi Alliance, advising the client on non-adversarial corporate matters.
• Represented RiskMetric, advising the client on non-adversarial corporate matters.
• Represented Trucktec Automotive GmbH in an arbitration proceeding with Beijing Dongfang Tianfeng Trading Co., Ltd.
• Participated in the FCPA compliance investigation against a leading US retailer's Chinese subsidiary.
• Represented the client’s investment in Foodicon Group Limited, a catering chain in Beijing.
• Represented the client’s investment in Capvision Partners Limited, an industrial expertise consulting company in Shanghai.
• Represented the client’s investment in Diandian Interactive Holding, a mobile game development company.
• Represented the client’s investment in Hofan International Group Limited, an e-commerce company in Shenzhen.
• Represented the client’s investment in MAS Technology Company Limited, a mobile game development company.
• Represented the client’s investment in BeautyPlus Corporation, a cosmetic manufacturer in Shanghai.
• Represented the client’s investment in an automobile e-Commerce company in Shanghai.
• Represented the client’s attempted investment in a Mother & Baby E-Commerce Franchise in Guangzhou.
• Represented the client’s attempted investment in Health Discoverer International Group Holding Inc. a medical consulting internet service company in Beijing.
• Represented the client’s exit from Liba, Inc. an E-Commerce company in Shanghai.
• Represented the client’s exit from its investment in Capvision Partners Limited.
• Assisted Wowo, Limited its IPO on Nasdaq.
• Assisted China Xiniya Fashion Limited on its IPO on Nasdaq.
• Assisted the underwriters on the IPO of Hanhua Finance on the Hong Kong Exchange.
• Assisted the underwriters on the dual IPO of China Merchants Bank on the Shanghai and Hong Kong Exchanges.
19/F, Tower D1, Liangmaqiao Diplomatic Office Building, No. 19 Dongfangdonglu, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100600
Tel:+86 10 8567 5988
Fax:+86 10 8567 5999
28/F, K.Wah Center,
No. 1010 Huaihai Road (M), Shanghai 200031
Tel:+86 21 2422 4888
Fax:+86 21 2422 4800
38/F, Tower 3, Kerry Plaza,
No. 1-1 Zhongxinsi Road, Futian District, Shenzhen 518041
Tel:+86 755 8285 0609
Fax:+86 755 8285 0605