Partner at AnJie Law Firm
Partner at IDEA Law Firm
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
Suzhou Intermediate Court
University College London, United Kingdom, Master of Law (LLM).
uzhou University, School of Law (LLB).
People’s Republic of China
• Advised Ping An Ventures on the formation of its O2O fund;
• Advised on the formation of dedicated funds through private placement of a listed company;
• Advised on the formation of dedicated fund on privatization of a NASDAQ China Concept Stock;
• Advised Puwei Equity on its onshore and offshore funds formation;
• Advised Tyee Cygnus on its onshore and offshore funds formation;
• Advised Empower on its offshore fund formation;
• Advised Cowin Growth Venture Capital, a member company under Suzhou Ventures Group, on the formation of its GP entity and its venture capital funds as well as its investment into varieties of portfolios.
• Advised several internationally reputable general partners including Dragonvest Partners and Conduit Ventures on the formation of varieties of foreign invested venture capital funds in Shanghai, Suzhou and Chongqing.
• Advised the formation of Acorn Campus LLC’s new offshore fund incorporated in Cayman Island as well as its co-investment and cooperative arrangement with LPs.
• Advised Softbank China on its equity investment into Deyu China through private placement, a leading grain and corn related product manufacturer in China as well as Deyu’s reverse merger through its offshore holding company with an OTCBB company (stock symbol: ECBI) and its successful listing on OTCBB;
• Advised Softbank China Venture Capital on its A round investment into G-Banker;
• Advised Softbank China Venture Capital, Shanghai Hengda Group, Guo Hua Ding Sheng, JJ World and Lighter Capital on their B round investment into G-Banker;
• Advised Softbank China Venture Capital on its A round investment into Yooli.com;
• Advised Softbank China Venture Capital on its A round investment into Frbao;
• Advised Softbank China Venture Capital, Tencent Industry Win-Win Fund and other investors on their A round investment into Suzhou Youshi, a.k.a PLU;
• Advised Softbank China Venture Capital and other investors on their A round investment into Genowise Corporation;
• Advised Softbank China Venture Capital and other investors on their B round investment into ProLogium Technology (PLG);
• Advised Softbank China on its equity investment into Xi’an Henghui, a leading orthodontic kit and service provider in China;
• Advised Ping An Insurance on its investment into offshore infrastructure fund;
• Advised Innolight Technology Inc., the first domestic company that has attracted Google Capital as one of its investors, on its A round investment into Laxense INC.;
• Advised Xi’an Henghui, a leading orthodontic kit and service provider in China, on its Series B financing from Legend Star, an angel fund under Legend Holding, and CSVC, an early stage VC fund under Suzhou Venture Group;
• Advised ATOATO Integrated Media Inc. on its Series A financing and providing it with comprehensive legal services including but not limited to preparation of overseas financing documents and business negotiations;
• Advised ATOATO Integrated Media Inc. on its formation of Joint Venture company in Hong Kong with Touchmedia, including but not limited to drafting the investment documents and related business negotiations;
• Advised Polaris Consortium (HK) Limited on its Series A financing and providing it with comprehensive legal services including but not limited to the preparation of overseas financing documents and related business negotiations;
• Advised the formation of the angel fund incorporated in Cayman Island by a hand of successful and experienced entrepreneurs and venture capitalists as well as its incorporation of an operational platform as an incubator of mobile internet projects in Suzhou Industrial Park, as well as its portfolio investments in China and abroad;
• Advised Cayman-based venture capital fund formed by a hand of successful and experienced Chinese American entrepreneurs and venture capitalists on the formation of an incubator of mobile internet relating to the incorporation of an investment platform (快创营a.k.a iCamp) in Yangpu, Shanghai;
• Advised iCamp on its angel round investment into YEELLU, Zion China Ltd., Huiming Software, MeNBaNG, Caihong Erke and Yuzhi Technology;
• Advised Empower on its A round investment into Souyo (through VIE Structure);
• Advised TRIPOD Capital on its A round investment into FreshFresh;
• Advised Iyunche Inc. on its A round financing from Bitauto Holdings Limited.;
• Advised IOTELLIGENT on its A round financing from Acorn Shanghai and governmental fund of fund;
• Advised IOTELLIGENT on its B round investment into Acorn Shanghai and Xia’men Dabang;
• Advised OptoTrace, a Cayman Island chemical detection company and its A round investors on its Series B financing from another reputable venture capital fund in Asia;
• Advised a leading chip design solution company headquartered in Cayman Island on its Series B financing from Huawei Technology and their subsidiaries and on the restructuring of its China subsidiaries;
• Advised Acorn Campus, LLC on the formation of non-legal-person FIVCIE in Shanghai in which Shanghai Venture Capital Ltd., the governmental fund of fund in Shanghai, is a local investor;
• Advised a Cayman-headquartered world-leading capsule endoscopy researcher and manufacturer on a series of transactions, including its Series B financing from Matrix Partners China and other Chinese investors, redemption and transfer of its Series A preferred shares and the common shares, ESOP planning and the share restructuring of its China subsidiaries.
• Advised InnoLight Technology Inc. on its corporate restructuring, Series A1 and Series B financing as well as further investment in its Wuxi subsidiary co-invested by Wuxi government-funded venture capitals, including coordinating the relationship between the technical founders and the VC investors, business negotiations, coordinating with the offshore counsels on the restructuring-related matters, legal documents drafting and execution;
• Advised Acorn Campus, LLC on the co-investment arrangement with PDSTI as well as the pertinent arrangements relating to management fee and carried interest, the Pudong governmental fund of fund operated in a commercial way;
• Advised Suzhou Jinji Lake International Marathon, as its exclusive counsel, on all legal matters including but not limited to drafting and negotiating all Sponsorship Agreement, Title Sponsor Agreement, Sub-event Sponsorship Agreement, Group Participation Agreement, Participant’s Declaration and Volunteer Service Agreement;
• Advised Suzhou Taihu International Marathon, as its exclusive counsel, on all legal matters including but not limited to drafting and negotiating all Sponsorship Agreement, Title Sponsorship Agreement, Sub-event Sponsorship Agreement, Group Participation Agreement, Participant’s Declaration and Volunteer Service Agreement;
• Advised Ningbo International Marathon, as its exclusive counsel, on all legal matters including but not limited to drafting and negotiating all Sponsorship Agreement, Title Sponsorship Agreement, Sub-event Sponsorship Agreement, Group Participation Agreement, Participant’s Declaration and Volunteer Service Agreement;
• Advised Suzhou WE Sports and Culture Development Co., Ltd on all legal matters regarding hosting large-scale sports events including but not limited to the legal documents drafting and dispute resolution;
• Advised ATOATO Integrated Media Inc. on all legal matters regarding the entertainment events and concerts organized by ATOATO Integrated Media Inc. in Great China (including Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan), including but not limited to, 2013 Elton John China concert, 2014 & 2015 Pitbull China concert, YG Family 2014 Galaxy Tour, and business performance by Lee-hom Wang in Shanghai, providing ATOATO Integrated Media Inc. with one-stop shop and comprehensive legal services including but not limited to the preparation and negotiation of the Tour Cooperation Agreement;
• Advised Polaris Consortium (HK) Limited on legal matters regarding the cooperation with world-class talent agency on talent development and promotion, including but not limited to the preparation of Joint Venture agreement, Participation Agreement, Talent Management Agreement and related business negotiations;
• Advised Polaris Consortium (HK) Limited on legal matters regarding the cooperation with and transfer of the right to host Miss Universe China to Yue Sai Kan Production, including but not limited to drafting, reviewing and revising the transfer agreement and competition license agreement for the event;
• Advised Paris Hilton and its subsidiaries on legal matters regarding the authorization of production to its distributors, promotion and sale of clothing in Great China, including but not limited to drafting and revising license agreement;
• Advised Paris Hilton on legal matters regarding the commercial performance in China, including but not limited to drafting and revising commercial performance intermediation agreement and supplementary agreement;
• Advised on Heineken AP’s acquisition of Jiangsu Dafuhao Beer.
• Advised a Silicon Valley based high tech company as well as its Suzhou subsidiary on its corporate restructuring and tax inversion.
• Advised on the global business separation of Filtronic Group, Nokia’s global supplier, esp. the business separation of its Suzhou subsidiary, Filtronic (Suzhou) Telecommunications Co., Ltd.
• Advised on Shanghai Automobile Industry Corporation’s equity acquisition of the joint venture formed by Changzhou Bus Group and Iveco.
• Advised UMW, the second largest conglomerate in Malaysia, on its acquisition of Wuxi Seamless Oil Pipe Company.
• Advised on Ghim Li Holdings Co. Pte. Ltd.’s initial public offering on Singapore Securities Exchange.
• Advised Allrizon Communications Ltd., a Cayman-based telecommunications equipment manufacturer in buyout of the equity interest in its joint venture with a Chinese conglomerate, its arrangement of bridge loan, and its further sale of business to Smiths Group PLC, a LSE-listed conglomerate.
• Advised Bemis Manufacturing Company, the largest toilet seats manufacturer in the North America, on its China operations (including its operation in Hong Kong SAC), including its acquisition of another US manufacturer in Shanghai and the formation and daily operation of its Suzhou WFOE.
• Advised a sino-foreign joint venture of the gear manufacturer formed by Eaton, a leading automobile components manufacturer, and its largest competitor in China on the liquidation and dissolution of the joint venture.
• Advised BRP Asia Limited, a Bombardier company and world leader in the design, manufacturing, distribution, and marketing of motorized recreational vehicles and powersports engines, on the liquidation and dissolution of its processing entity in Dongguan, Guangdong province.
• Advised Zim, the largest shipping company in Israel, on its acquisition of Ba-Shi Yuexin Logistics Development Co., Ltd. and Nanjing Tonghai Container Lines Company (the first acquisition of an inland riverway shipping company by foreign investors).
• Acted as a legal counsel of many Fortune 500 companies and industry leading companies, such as Walmart, Timken, CISCO, ISSI, Williams Controls, Starbucks, CODELCO, HUSCO International and Marriot.
• Advised Microsoft on compliance issues in relation to varieties of Microsoft business operations in China.
• Advised on the formation of MSN China, a joint venture company formed by Microsoft and Shanghai Alliance Investment Co., Ltd. and the first joint venture company authorized to provide cross-province value added telecommunications services, and acted as its legal counsel on a daily basis.
• Advised on the equity participation in Jingjiang Group Company by Morgan Stanley and Shanghai Shengrong Investment Co., Ltd.
• Advised on the Hong Kong bank syndication to Raycom, the real estate development company under Lenovo Group.
• Advised Suma Capital Management Limited and Osel Inc. on their formation of a sino-foreign joint venture bio-pharm company in Wuzhong Suzhou partnership with Wuzhong Venture Capital Co., Ltd and other foreign investors and the daily operation of such Joint Venture.
• Advised two US toilet products manufacturers on the formation and the daily operation of its joint venture distribution company in Shanghai, especially in the fields of its sales and distribution as well as its human resources matters.
• Advised Goodyear on the daily operation of its China entities, from the sales and distribution to employment and dispute resolution.
• Advised on the formation of SYNAPSE Design (Shanghai) IC Design Co., Ltd., a WFOE formed by SYNAPSE Design Automation, Inc., a leading IC design company in ASIC, EDA and engineering services, the incorporation of its Hong Kong affiliate and acting as its legal counsel on a daily basis.
• Advised Williams (Suzhou) Controls Co., Ltd., a WFOE formed by Williams Controls, Inc., a world leader in Electronic Throttle Controls for commercial vehicles, on its daily operation, including WFOE establishment, business contracts review and HR and personnel matters.
• Advised Suzhou Kuajie on its incorporation, Series A financing and daily business operation.
• Advised Genencor, a Danisco company, on its business expansion of Wuxi subsidiary, relocation of its Wuxi plant and the Turn-key construction project of its Wuxi enzyme factory buildings.
• Advised FW Murphy, a Tulsa based equipment manufacturer and solution provider, on the daily operation of its Hangzhou subsidiary.
• Advised a leading financial information service provider in China on the incorporation of its offshore holding company in BVI, VIE arrangement, ESOP as well as its business operation in China.
• Advised HUSCO International, a global leader in the development and manufacture of hydraulic and electrohydraulic control headquartered in Waukesha, WI, on the business operation of its Shanghai joint venture as well as the dispute resolution with Foton Lovol, its largest business clients in China.
• Advised KIC, a US-based trailer manufacturer on internal management embezzlement and misappropriation, criminal prosecution in Suzhou, China as well as its equity transfer to buyers during the criminal prosecution.
• Advised Suzhou TSLA, one of the largest import/export companies in Jiangsu on its daily operation, esp. in the international trade sector and its recent lawsuit in Kansas City, U.S.A. as well as its associated lawsuit against a Xuzhou supplier in Xuzhou, Jiangsu of pet food ingredients containing Melamine.
• Advised US client in dealing with the claims raised by Sinosure (China Export Credit Insurance Company).
19/F, Tower D1, Liangmaqiao Diplomatic Office Building, No. 19 Dongfangdonglu, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100600
Tel:+86 10 8567 5988
Fax:+86 10 8567 5999
28/F, K.Wah Center,
No. 1010 Huaihai Road (M), Shanghai 200031
Tel:+86 21 2422 4888
Fax:+86 21 2422 4800
38/F, Tower 3, Kerry Plaza,
No. 1-1 Zhongxinsi Road, Futian District, Shenzhen 518041
Tel:+86 755 8285 0609
Fax:+86 755 8285 0605