· Representing a Fortune 500 company from France in twelve IT service litigations against a mega-sized Chinese state-owned enterprise. He overwhelmingly won the first case and consequently had all other cases successfully settled;
· In five certified emission transaction disputes subject to ICC arbitration, He represented five Chinese private companies against a high-profile Australian finance group;
· Represented a state-level research institute in an ICC arbitration against a high-technology device manufacturer from Canada. The case was successfully settled.
· Represented a Canadian buyer against a Chinese manufacturer in a sales dispute of oil-industry equipment. By winning the arbitrability issue, the case was finally moved from judiciary court to CIETAC arbitration;
· Represented a Chinese toy supplier (Respondent) against its Canadian buyer (Claimant) in a CIETAC arbitration. The tribunal dismissed all the claims of the counter party.
· Represented a Hong Kong client in a CIETAC arbitration for dispute of sales of mineral product. The arbitration language was English. All of the client’s claims prevailed.
· Acted as the bond holder’s counsel for a high-profile insurance company in a bond default dispute involving around RMB 2 billion overdue payment and achieved satisfactory settlement.
· Assisted a top-tier Chinese aviation corporation in an ICC arbitration for an aircraft purchasing dispute and achieved satisfactory settlement.
· Represented a Chinese client in an ad hoc arbitration seated in Hong Kong and achieved result in the client’s satisfaction.
· Represented a PRC court litigation for validity of arbitration agreement in relation to an SIAC arbitration. The court ruled in the client’s favor by holding that the controversial arbitration agreement was valid by applying Singaporean law.
· Represented a top-notch Hollywood animation production company in a 5-D animation film production dispute against a large amusement park in China and fully achieved the client’s goal through settlement.
Mr. Yuan is now handling several international institutional arbitrations in ICC, SIAC, CIETAC and ad hoc arbitrations in overseas. He is particularly skilled in appearing before overseas tribunal and conducting cross-examination in English. He has extensive experience in handling matters where multi-jurisdictions are involved.
During his practice as a licensed lawyer, Mr. Yuan went to University of Southern California Gould School of Law in pursuit of his master’s degree of law. By leveraging years of practical experience, Mr. Yuan did in-depth research in the U.S. law and U.S. legal system, including corporate law, Uniform Commercial Code, international arbitration especially for coordination of arbitration procedure and enforcement of arbitral award between China and the U.S. He also worked in local law firms in Los Angeles and handled a number of cross-border investment and relevant disputes.
Mr. Yuan possesses comprehensive knowledge and experience in subjects and areas widely-ranged, as well as the ability of cross-culture communication. The benefit of these characters has been notably proved in international market expansion of our clients and has gained significant satisfaction from them.